Sunday, September 23, 2012

Editor Sample Resume

Objective:
I have a varied background, so I would be happy with a position utilizing my editing, history, and/or librarian skills. My dream job is as a librarian in an academic library.


Experience:
About seven years experience as a newspaper copy editor/designer (including a stint as assistant news editor) plus several years experience copy editing and doing webmaster work for an academic journal. Also three and a half years editing/designing and doing webmaster work in a corporate setting. I have volunteered at museums, as an educator and as a curatorial intern (during which experience I helped write some exhibit labels) and had a part time supervisory job at a house museum. I have worked as an interlibrary loan assistant for a university library and as a student aide for another university library, including in Special Collections, in which capacity I prepared exhibits among other duties. I have had several full and part time retail jobs, demonstrating a commitment to customer service. For the past few months, I have been working captioning telephone calls for the deaf and hard of hearing. I also have experience as a graduate assistant, grading papers and exams, and leading discussion sections. I have consistently sought both formal and informal leadership roles, mentoring co-workers and leading initiatives, most notably a yearlong engagement project for my department at CVS Caremark (where I was also a leader in maintaining the department intranet site and SharePoint site).


Education:
MLIS from University of Arizona, 2011. "A" average.

PhD program in history at Arizona State University, 2001-2005, all but dissertation. "A" average.

MA in history from UW-Milwaukee, 2001.Magna cum laude.

BA in journalism from University of Dayton, OH, 1996. Magna cum laude.


Affiliations:
Golden Key Honor Society, Phi Alpha Theta Honorary History Fraternity


Skills:
• Excellent research abilities.
• Effective communicator, both written and verbal.
• Proven ability to lead; intense work ethic.
• Eclectic interests, knowledge, and experience.
• Well-developed computer/Internet aptitude, including knowledge of MS Office and Web software.


Additional Information:
Volunteer work at a museum, animal shelters, and food pantries; internships at a publishing house (for which I copy edited several published books), at a museum (where I helped write exhibit labels and engaged in database management), at a zoo (where I performed research and wrote reports, along with database management), and with the city of Glendale, WI (for which I co-developed a 50th anniversary historic driving tour and exhibit, which were well received).

Awards/honors
• Feldt-Barbanell award for best graduate paper in women's history, ASU.
• Ritter Collett award to the outstanding senior in journalism, University of Dayton.
• Wisconsin All-State Academic Scholar and National Merit scholar.
• Scholarships/fellowships from University of Dayton, UWM and ASU.
• Several scholarly publications in academic journals, and papers presented at academic conferences.



Provided by: OneBuckResume

No comments:

Post a Comment